Are you ready for some football?!
Even though I am not a die-hard football fan, I am a die-hard football season fan.
There’s something heart-warming about College Gameday.
Blame it on my Southern SEC football roots (Raised a Razorback—Wooooo Pig Sooie!), College Gameday is all about:
- Sunshine and socials
- Marching band beats
- No worries and no problems (except “flags on the play”)
- Chili and hot chocolate (once cooler temps roll around)
- And tailgates and barbecues
If you live in the South, College Gameday is #KindaABigDeal.
That being said: Saturdays are typically a day “out of routine.”
Even if you aren’t into the whole football thing, chances are you are doing things outside your “norm” on your Saturday and Sunday—out of routine:
- Sleeping in a little longer.
- Not working out, or working out more.
- Eating different foods.
- Eating off schedule.
- Not eating as frequently
- Drinking alcohol.
Weekends are refreshing for the mind and the soul (a brain-break from work, and often spent doing things you love), but sometimes the weekends put your body to the test. I’m talking:
- Hungrier than usual
- Loss of appetite
Have you ever noticed if you feel different on the weekends, compared to the weeks?
Kind of like “traveler’s constipation” (when you travel on airplanes or get out of your routine on vacation), the weekends can throw your body out of it’s usual routine—bathroom, digestion, energy, hunger/fullness and everything in between.
And how can you “feel good”—even when you are amidst different foods and different schedules?
If you ever “backed up” on the weekends, or you simply just want to “feel as good as you can” (even with a little bit of BBQ or beer), here are a few “College Gameday” (and Saturday) hacks for fueling your body with healthy eats (and keeping constipation away).
AT THE STADIUM
Going to the stadium to cheer on your team?
Pack these snacks in your bag:
- Bulletproof Collagen Bars
- RX Bars
- Beef or Turkey Jerky
- Handful Raw Nuts/Seeds
- Bring in your own Tupperware me
Order this at the snack bar:
Unfortunately, there aren’t a ton of options…but you can still make due (especially within your 80/20 philosophy) without feeling too out of sync. Try one of these:
- Shelled peanuts
- Grilled Chicken sandwich (sans bun)
- Popcorn—sans extra (fake) butter
AT THE TAILGATE OR HOUSEPARTY
Impress your hosts or guests with one of these easy peasy game-day snacks:
- Chicken Drumsticks by Ever Clever Mom (dip them in Primal Kitchen Honey Mustard Dressing)
- Loaded “Nachos” by Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip by PaleOMG
- Bison or Turkey Burger Sliders by Primal Palate with Guacamole
- Butternut Squash Chili by A Whole New Twist
Or keep it simple and try:
- Guacamole-stuffed Deviled Eggs
- Pell-and-Eat Shrimp
- Veggie Sticks with Tessemae’s Ranch Dressing
- Turkey, Ham or Roast Beef Roll-ups
- Mixed Nuts
ALL (WEEKEND) DAY LONG
No matter where you’re at, you shouldn’t have to suffer with bloating or constipation just because you’re out of routine. Bippity boppity boo! Bloating and constipation be gone with these Constipation-Fighting Hacks:
- Grab a Kombucha. I have been into Health-Ade and Synergy’s formulas lately. Low in sugar, but big on good “gut bacteria”—great to sip around meals. If no kombucha is around, try some fresh squeezed lemon or apple cider vinegar in water or a salad.
- Pack your armor. Carry a small ziplock baggie with some digestive enzymes to consume with meals to help digest your food.
- Drink water—and lots of it. Since you aren’t in your usual routine, at your desk or eating your regular meals, it can be easy to let the whole water thing “go.” Remember, you need half your bodyweight in ounces of water to keep things moving and grooving. So make sure you’re toting that bottle with you. Wherever you go.
FREE THRIVE KICKSTARTER GUIDE
Get a taste of what Thrive is all about with the Free 7-Day Thrive in Life Kickstart Guide when you join Thrive’s inner circle.