Motivation dragging in the gym? Especially during the summer months, it can be easy to let your workout routine fall to the wayside or lack the motivation to get to your workout when sand, sun and sleep call your name. In that case, jump back on the “gains train” with these 5 tactics:
- Wake up an hour earlier a few times a week when you know you will have a busy day ahead. That way you can get a workout in before your day instead of saying you will workout after work, school, errands, etc. This prevents you from saying that you already had a long day and not going to the gym.
- Grab a friend. Workout with a friend who will hold you to a higher standard. I know that whenever I workout with a friend we have friendly competitions in the gym and it makes it fun.
- Have a purpose. Getting bored while running on the treadmill? Have something to run for like lowering blood pressure, increasing endorphins, or trying to fit into your skinny jeans.
- Get distracted. I like to download Netflix on my phone and watch an episode of The Office while I am on the treadmill. It completely distracts me from my workout and next thing I know i’ve been walking for 25 minutes.
- Create a killer playlist. The music you listen to can make or break your workout. Your music should keep you going and make you happier while exercising. Spotify has great workout playlists organized into categories from cardio and weights to outdoor workout and yoga.
Guest Post: Sabrina Spodek, Thrive Wellness & Recovery Intern