How do you start your day?
If you’re like most Americans, you’re on your phone within the first 15 minutes of waking—scrolling through your social media newsfeed or digging in your email inbox to see what you missed last night.
In doing so, it’s SO easy to get swept away by the rat race, demands and fire hurled your way before the day is even in full swing—
Sometimes, fortunately, your newsfeed and emails encompass SOME positivity. But, for the most part, there is ALOT of noise out there in cybersphere.
I call this “Letting the day happen to you,” INSTEAD of “Letting YOU happen to the DAY!”_—YOU deciding what you choose to fill your day with, what mindsets you maintain and how you want to spend your time, energy, worries, stresses, inspirations or not.
Do you want whatever comes within your frontal line of vision first be what today is all about—the most pressing email, the newsfeed competition to get your stuff liked, the hot bodies or delicious recipes you only wish you could have or make, the disgruntled or irritating sticky situation you’re feeling with at the present?
OR do you want to be the captain of your own ship and steer yourself towards some more peace (of mind)—not so easily swayed by all the noise, stressors, pulls and tugs—even though they are guaranteed to come?
LET THE DAY HAPPEN TO YOU!
Get yo’ mind right!—starting with your morning routine!
A game-changing event happened in my own life when I established my own morning routine—and just like we hear about the habits of the “most successful” people in life, MORNING ROUTINES are definitely up there.
From waking up early, to meditating, fitness, a balanced breakfast, devotions, gratitudes—your morning routine has to be something(s) that speak to you, but it is essential to Letting YOU Happen to the Day, instead of Letting the Day Happen to You.
Establish your morning routine!
Need some inspiration?
- Wake up semi-early to my Sun-Alarm (it’s like the sun rising in your room)
- NO phone (e-mail or social media) checking for the first hour
- Giving myself time to do the doo—I am not ashamed to talk about that here. Give yourself time to go people (daily!)
- Listening to the Daily Hope Podcast + reading my favorite devotional “Jesus Calling” + Time of prayer while brushing my teeth, washing my face, doing my hair and slapping on my makeup—releasing my worries, stresses, dreams and thoughts up to the Big Guy
- Drinking 12 oz. warm lemon water with sea salt + taking my probiotic
- Cooking a nourishing balanced breakfast (protein + fat + veggies) to pack to-go and sipping a beef-isolate protein drink for something in my system prior to the gym
- Going to the gym for my “morning meditation”—hitting the weights, thinking through the day and devising my plan of “attack” and gusto
- Eating my nourishing breakfast and….
STARTING THE DAY!!!
Talk about power. Where do you get yours? It’s time to establish your morning routine—and get your mind right.