Did you see the Lunar Eclipse last night?
A little something out of the norm.
The simplicity of the earth’s shadow covering the moon only happens from 0-3 times per year, pretty rare.
Our last eclipse, prior to last night’s, was this past April 4th, and our next one is not expected to occur until March 23, 2016.
Things like lunar eclipses are great reminders of the ‘little things’ in life that we can so easily miss if we don’t look up.
Last night’s eclipse inspired me for this Motivation Monday post to make a list of the top 50 things that make me feel alive!
After all, it’s all about the little things people.
On your Monday, even though you may be dragging your feet to the office (somebody’s got a case of the Monday’s!), take a step back and don’t forget to look up.
You never know what you may come across (and while you’re at it, you can make your list too):
- Bright yellow sunflowers
- Painted sky sunsets and rainbows
- Singing Hanson’s “MMMBop” at the top of my lungs (along with other Boy Band hits)
- Sand between my toes and the sound of the Ocean
- “Getting in the flow” while writing
- Winning a drawing, a raffle, a contest
- A conversation with a senior about their life “back in the day”
- A baby’s smile and giggle
- The smell of rain
- Smiling at a complete stranger
- A refreshing shower that washes the day away
- Dancing in the moonlight
- Coffee chats and heart-to-hearts with your BFF
- People-watching at Whole Foods on a Saturday or Sunday morning
- Broken in sneakers
- A clean car
- Unstructured time on my hands to do whatever my heart desires
- Townlake trail walks
- Waking up before my alarm goes off, eager for the day
- Sweet dreams
- Phone catch-ups with my mom or dad
- Unexpected snail mail
- Big cozy sweatshirts
- Looking trough old pictures you forgot existed (like from middle school!)
- Hot pink anything
- Friday night lights
- Amazon Prime deliveries in your mailbox
- Beating rush hour traffic
- Answered prayers and realizing why other prayers were unanswered
- Tazo Cinnamon Spiced herbal tea
- New haircuts, pedicures and green face masks
- Kids that say the darndest things
- Someone remembering your birthday
- Remembering someone else’s birthday
- Mentoring a middle school girl
- Long eyelashes with a perfect mascara that doesn’t clump
- Homemade crispy sweet potato fries cooked jusssst right
- Clean sheets
- Standing on top of a mountain
- Country music on the radio with the windows rolled down on sunny days
- Worship on Sunday mornings
- Jeans that fit like a glove
- A stroll down Memory Lane
- New York City at Thanksgiving
- Asking for “the usual” and the waiter knowing what you mean
- Getting excited the night before Christmas as an adult
- Chick flicks
- Lucky pennies and wishing on stars
- Walking down the Barbie aisle to see what Barbie is up to nowadays
- OH YES…And…Monday mornings!!!
Ok now it’s your turn–can you come up with 50 things that make YOU feel alive? Chances are, once you get going, you won’t be able to stop…