Have you hear of intuitive eater?
Intuitive eating sounds good…but what is it exactly and how do you actually do it? Get the scoop on listening (and trusting) your body.
Have you ever had a “gut feeling” about something but you couldn’t explain why?Our body is constantly speaking to us throughout our lives—some examples include:
- Physiological needs (a “gut feeling” for your hunger and fullness cues)
- Big decisions (a “gut feeling” to choose wedges over heels)
- Our stress response (a “gut feeling” walking down a dark ally)
- Social connections (a “gut feeling” about your middle school crush)
- Our actions (a “gut feeling” to quit our job)
This is called “intuition.”
Intuition 101: What is It?
Intuition is the ability to know something without analytic reasoning—bridging the gap between the conscious and non-conscious parts of our mind.
When it comes to food, intuition or “intuitive eating” is the ability to listen to your body and know what it needs—without judgment, doubt or guilt.
You Were Born to Be Intuitive