How do you know the difference in a food intolerance or allergy vs. a food fear or a food aversion?
Well…How do you feel when you eat certain food?
I’m talking physically and mentally.
There is a difference:
Common Signs of Food Intolerances & Allergies
- Bloated or gassy shortly after eating
- Low energy
- Skin breakouts
- Low immunity
- Hormonal imbalances
- Lowered mood
- Insatiable cravings for foods that make you feel bloated or gassy
- Heart palpitations or racing heart
- Achy joints.
- Sneezing & Coughing
- Headaches & Lightheadedness
- Gastric distress or Nausea
- Foggy eyes & Foggy brain
Common Signs of Food Fear
- Overthinking food
- Making yourself believe and think food is hurting you
- Correlating eating with weight gain
- Counting the calories in the food and worrying about eating too many
- Avoidance of foods or food groups without ever having tasted or tried them before
- Avoidance of social gatherings around food
- Basing food choices off of self-imposed rules
- Giving yourself a stomachache over the stress around food
- Pre-planning your foods and calories
- “Earning” your food
Sometimes lines blur.
A missing link many people fail to recognize is knowing when they have or haven’t eaten “right” based on how they feel—more so than what any rule in a diet book says or achievement you feel by not eating certain foods.
On the contrary, a missing link of individuals helping others recover from eating disorders fail