It’s Superbowl Sunday…meaning it’s SUPERBOWL Snacks Sunday. Grab the ingredients for one of these snacks to bring YOUR A-Game to the party.
In a pinch for the big game?
Last minute invite to a party?
Look no further than these 7 easy-peasy snacks to impress all your friends.
And…fun fact: Did you know that Thanksgiving is the only day when Americans consume more than they do on Super Bowl Sunday? In addition, according to Time Magazine, it’s estimated that consumers will spend a total of $15.5 billion on food, decor, team apparel, and other items. That works out to about $82.19 per football fan, partygoer, and ‘commercial watcher’!
(Knowing this, “wine and dine” fellow party goers with a little punch of extra health while you’re at it!)
1 lb ground turkey (or grassfed beef or chicken)
1 tbsp. coconut aminos
sea salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp Dijon
In large bowl, mix all ingredients. Form 8-12 small patties, 3/4 inch thick. Spray or grease pan with coconut oil; cook the patties over medium-high heat, 4 minutes per side. Serve atop sweet potato rounds with avocado (of course!).
Shrimp Cocktail with No-Sugar Cocktail Sauce
- 1 lbs. uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined (thaw if frozen)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- homemade cocktail sauce
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix shrimp with oil, salt and pepper and spread in single layer on rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, turning once, until shrimp is pink and just cooked through (about 5-10 minutes)
- Serve with paleo cocktail sauce (below) and lemon/lime wedges.
- 4 Tbsp Horseradish
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Lemon, juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Combine ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together with fork until an even in consistency.
Ranch Dip with Veggies
- 2/3 cup avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pasture-raised egg (room-temp preferable)
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar or coconut vinegar
- sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh dill and/or parsley (optional)
- 2 Tbsp full fat canned coconut milk
- 2-3 TBSP hot sauce (optional)
Place everything except the coconut milk (egg, vinegar, spices and herbs) in a food processor. Pulse 2-3 times. Slowly pour oil in through the top holes of the food processor while running speed on lo. After all the oil has been added, pour in the coconut milk and pulse a few more times. Serve with raw veggie sticks (carrots, broccoli, celery, etc.)
Baked Pepperoni Chips with Guacamole
- 3 avocados
- 2 lemons
- sea salt, to taste
- cilantro, optional
- nitrate-free pepperoni slices
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400-degrees. Place pepperonis on baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 10-minutes, flipping half way through at 5-minute mark. While chips are cooking, grab a large bowl, mix the avocados, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt, to taste. Stir gently until well combined. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve. Dip chips in guac.
Chicken Drumsticks with Homemade Honey Mustard
- Raw chicken drumsticks- 1-2 lbs.
- Extra virgin olive oil, melted ghee or coconut oil
- Seasonings to taste:
- Sea salt & black pepper
- garlic powder
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay chicken on the sheet so none are touching. Coat chicken either with ghee or oil, then sprinkle with all seasonings. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn them over. Bake for another 30 minutes. Dip in a homemade honey mustard sauce, like this one below, or buy this one from Primal Kitchen http://primalkitchen.com/products/honey-mustard-vinaigrette/.
Homemade Honey Mustard
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup organic raw honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until completely combined and creamy.
Prosciutto-Wrapped Melon or Apples
- Ripe melon (cantaloupe or honeydew), or apple slices
- 3 oz. prosciutto
- Cut melon in half the long way and scoop out seeds.
- Slice into four 1 & 1/4-inch wide wedges.
- Trim off rind and make two cuts the short way across each wedge to yield three pieces per wedge.
- Wrap each piece of melon with a slice of prosciutto.
“Cheese” Dip (No Dairy or Fillers)
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour and drained
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in blender; blend on high for 2 minutes to thicken
- Serve or refrigerate for later
- For thicker dip, pour contents into a sauce pan and heat over medium heat, whisking until desired thickness
- Dip veggies; gluten-free, grain-free crackers; or even organic tortilla chips into it (80/20 people)