The holidays and food comas tend to go hand in hand for many folks.
Tis the season for eating and trying a smorgasbord of different foods we only see once or twice per year.
From cheesy sausage balls, to creamy corn casserole, French Onion Dip, baked brie, Christmas morning cinnamon rolls, and one-too-many Snickerdoodles at the cookie exchange party, come December 26th, we feel the effects.
Brain fog, general fatigue, puffiness, constipation, weighed down, stiff joints—all the things.
The opposite of refreshed, cleansed, energized, light and fancy-free.
Here are 50 (anti-inflammatory) Delicious AIP Recipes you can whip up for ALL your holiday festivities (that WON’T leave you bloated, lethargic or on a sugar high).
The best part?
They are ALL 100% gut-friendly (allergen-free and inflammatory-free) AND…your friends and family will NEVER know that it’s healthy or good for them!
50 Healthy & Delicious AIP Holiday Recipes
AIP Appetizers for Holiday Happy Hours
Bring on the apps! Without the gas-inducing cheese or greasy fried crusting.
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Poppers by Unbound Wellness
- Anti-Inflammatory “Sausage” Balls by Grazed & Enthused
- Baked Plantain Chips with Guacamole by The Minimalist Baker
- Easy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus by Wholesome Yum
- Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip by Empowered Sustenance
- Simple Brussels Sprout Chips by The Curious Coconut
- Carrot Fries with Aioli Dipping Sauce
- Lemon Garlic Hummus with Cucumbers by Autoimmune Wellness
- Garlic Herb Stuffed Mushrooms by A Squirrel in the Kitchen
AIP Hanukkah Recipe Staples
A makeover of the staples.
- Sweet Potato Latkes by Eat Heal Thrive
- Zucchini Herb Fritters with Creamy Garlic Dipping Sauce by Joanna Frankham
- Crustless Mini Quiche by One Lovely Life
- Pumpkin Donuts with Chocolate Frosting by Unbound Wellness
- Apple Cider Donuts by Cook It Up Paleo
- Sweet Potato Noodle Kugel by The Paleo Running Mama
- Tender Grass-fed Brisket by The Real Food Forager
AIP Cookie (Monster) Recipes
Naturally gluten-free and allergen free for stomach ease (without sacrificing taste).
- 5-Minute Snickerdoodles by Whole New Mom
- Cinnamon Sugar Cookies by What Great Grandma Ate
- Frosted Cut-Out Christmas Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies by the Sweet Pea Blogger
- Soft & Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
AIP Breakfasts for Christmas Morning
Mouthwatering morning starts.
- Cinnamon Raisin Rolls by Sweet Potatoes & Social Change
- Blueberry Coconut Flour Pancakes by Eat, Play, Love More
- Gooey Pumpkin Bars
- Banana Muffins by Empowered Sustenance
- Savory “Cheesy” Breakfast Casserole by PaleOMG (contains eggs)
- Sweet Potato Hash by Food to Heal Ourselves
- Simple Chicken Apple Sausage by Happy Body Formula
AIP Holiday Side Dish Recipes
Move over Jell-O Mold. Real food to compliment your sustainable proteins.
- Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes by Gutsy by Nature
- Sauteed Mushrooms by Julie’s Album
- Green Bean Casserole with Fried Onion Crust by Sweet Treats Baking
- Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
- Rosemary Roasted Beets & Carrots with Garlic Butter by PaleOMG (can also use coconut oil or ghee)
- Homemade Fruit Jell-O by Paleo Flourish
- Simple Sauerkraut (healthy probiotics to go alongside your meal) by The Phoenix Helix
AIP Dinner Mains for Christmas Eve
Wild-caught, pasture-raised and grass-fed meats to serve as the base for your tasty holiday side-dish happenings.
- Simple Herb Crusted Salmon by PaleOMG
- Herb Crusted Turkey by Noshtastic (I use ghee to coat the bird!)
- Lemon Zest Crispy Chicken Thighs by Grazed & Enthused
- Apple Cinnamon Pork Loin by Paleo Leap
- Savory Roast with Gravy by Phoenix Helix
AIP Desserts: Easy as Pie
- Sugar and spice and everything nice!
- Cinnamon-Spiced Apple Pie by Autoimmune Wellness
- Pumpkin Pie with “Graham Cracker” Crust by Grazed & Enthused
- Mint Chip Ice Cream by A Girl Worth Saving
- Fudge Bars by A Squirrel in the Kitchen
- Creamy Lemon Squares by Beyond the Bite 4 Life
Warm Up: AIP Hot Chocolate & AIP Soups
Baby it’s cold outside, but warm with these.
- AIP Hot Chocolate by Unbound Wellness
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup by Predominately Paleo
- Chicken Noodle Soup by How We Flourish
- Creamy Broccoli Soup by Autoimmune Wellness
- Minestrone Soup by Unbound Wellness
Bada bing bada boom!