I love the Fall!
Now that it’s October, there’s a slight chill is in the air here in Austin and “chilly” sixty degree days mean a handful of things:
- Friday night lights and college football game days
- Crockpot Chili
- Northface jackets
- Better hair days
- And pumpkin season!
I LOVE PUMPKIN SEASON!
Pumpkin spice, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin chili, pumpkin curry, and pumpkin muffins!
If you love pumpkin too, you gotta whip up one of these bad boys!
- 4 pasture raised eggs, whiked
- 1 ripe banana
- 2/3 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place paper liners in a regular sized muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the “wet ingredients” (eggs, banana, pumpkin, vanilla and oil) until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and sea salt;
- Add flour mixture slowly to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths to almost all the way full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Do not overbake. It makes all the difference between a good and a great muffin.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.
FREE THRIVE KICKSTARTER GUIDE
Get a taste of what Thrive is all about with the Free 7-Day Thrive in Life Kickstart Guide when you join Thrive’s inner circle.