It’s nearly August in Austin which means…it’s HOT.
Pushing 100-degrees most days is no joke, and thus pool time is warranted.
I don’t love swimming (“The Little Mermaid” was my little sister’s fave Disney flick growing up—not mine. I liked “Beauty and the Beast” and never have been a big fan of water).
But when it’s hot, the swimsuit definitely does come on.
Dun. Dun. Dun….the swimsuit: every woman’s favorite piece of clothing (said no woman ever).
Any of these sound familiar?
- My ______ (thighs, butt, stomach, arms) are too ______ (big, small, fat, flabby, etc.)
- I shouldn’t have eaten
- I need to start ____ (working out, eating better, dieting, etc.)
- If only I looked like
- I really hate this.
- I didn’t know that was there (cellulite, lovehandles, extra skin)
- Why me?
- Where’s my cover-up?
When was the last time you heard:
- Hey good lookin’!
- Who’s that sexy lady?
- I LOVE my _____ (butt, stomach, arms, etc…fill in the blank)
- I can’t wait to do a cannonball!
- I feel amazing!
- I may not like what I see, but my beauty is more than skin deep.
- Or anything else relatively complimentary?
That’s what I thought.
What if with all the time, energy, effort and thought spent hating on your body, you…loved it instead.
No, not worshipping it. But genuinely valued it. Edified yourself. Spoke affirmations or thought positively—rather than negatively.
What do you think would change?
How do you think you would begin to feel about yourself?
As the mind thinks, so therefore we become.
When we speak and embody a negative tone and attitude towards ourselves, we only dig ourselves deeper into a black hole—finding ourselves stuck in the same old rut that we’ve been in for years.
Your challenge today?
10 Commandments. Make ‘em. And…don’t break ‘em.
Create your own list of Commandments for LOVING THE SKIN YOU ARE IN!
Here are my 13 Commandments to Love Your Body to give you some inspiration (I couldn’t just stop at 10!):
- Love you—all of you
- Nurture your health
- Workout to build your body up—not bash it or break it down
- Shhh….listen to what your body tells you to do
- Know who you are—and don’t forget where you’ve come from
- Give yourself permission
- Stop holding yourself back
- Think positive
- Look for the best in others…and yourself
- Do what you love, love what you do
- Live a little
- The past does not define you
What do you think?
What commandments would you add?
Please do share!
See yourself as the healthy, thriving individual you deserve to be…and begin to embody her—her mindset, her actions, her thoughts, her zeal, her amazingness—because…YOU ARE THAT GIRL.
Coming soon…The next THRIVE LIFE BIKINI MINDSET PROGRAM…
The last session was such a success that I am kicking off another!
This 28-day program is all about empowering you to develop more self-confidence in your own skin, and also guide you in learning how to incorporate energy boosting workouts and quality, soul-food whole nutrition into a sustainable, healthy, thriving routine! (Good-bye calorie counting, weighing and measuring, treadmill slavery, and obsessive thinking!)
E-mail me at Lauryn@MeantToThrive.com OR give me a ring at 512.230.7947 to sign up!
Cost: (If you sign up in the next 24-hours): 28-days for $28 !!!