What is a good diet for leaky gut healing? Look no further than this 3-day leaky gut diet meal plan for some inspiration! Plus, recommended supplements to get started.
LEAKY GUT DIET MEAL PLAN
Now it’s time to put your leaky gut healing plan into action, starting with a leaky gut diet!
Not sure what to eat and when to take any supplemental supports for leaky gut? No problem with this 3-day Sample Leaky Gut Diet—a leaky gut meal plan to support your healing journey.
- 12-16 oz. Bone Broth with 1 Scoop Collagen
- 1/2 Green Tipped Banana with 1-2 Tbsp. Coconut Butter
Sunshine Squash Bowl:
Ground Bison or Turkey, Cooked & Cooled Butternut Squash, 1/2 Avocado, Wilted Greens, Sauerkraut or Kimchi, Sea Salt to taste, Optional: Ginger (ground or raw) & Coconut Aminos
- Herb Crusted Wild-Salmon (like this one by PaleOMG)
- Cooked & Cooled Duck Fat Rainbow Carrots
- Lemon Garlic Asparagus Spears with Olive Oil
- Leftover Squash Bowl (from lunch yesterday) with Avocado
- Turkey & Ham Rollups
- Apple Slices with 1-2 tbsp. Sunflower Seed butter
- Simple Seaweed Salad Greens (by the PaleoMom)
- Crispy Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Cooked & Cooled White Sweet Potato with ghee or grass-fed butter
- Sauteed Rainbow Chard
- On-the-Go Chunky Monkey Smoothie (Coconut Milk + Carob Powder + 1/2 Green Tipped Banana + Greens + chunky ice + 1/4 avocado or 1-2 tbsp. sun-butter + Collagen Protein )
- Leftover Chicken Thighs
- Roasted Veggie Medley
- Coconut Flakes
- Ground Turkey Burger Patty
- 1/2 Avocado
- Parsnip “Fries” (like my amazing chef friend Michelle’s with Fermented Aioli by Clean Living Guide (note: leave out paprika)
Daily Leaky Gut Meal Plan Nutrient Boosters
*In addition to your meals, it’s recommended you consume:
- 1 cup bone broth/day
- Filtered water, 1/2 bodyweight in ounces
- 1 fermented food of choice (sauerkraut, low-sugar kombucha, kefir or full-fat yogurt)
- 1-2 prebiotic foods each day
- Basic Supplements (see below)
BONUS: BASIC LEAKY GUT BASICS SUPPLEMENT PROTOCOL
Healthy Gut Bacteria: Probiotic & Prebiotic
- Soil Based Probiotic Take 1 in the morning and 1 at night.
- Prebiotic (Fiber to support elimination and probiotic absorption) Take once per day, on an empty stomach, away from meals with probiotic. Start at 1/2-1 tsp. serving and work up.
Bonus Digestion & Absorption: Digestive Enzymes & HCL:
- Digestive Enzymes. Helps fully break down food in your small intestine. Take 1-2 capsules with meals.
- HCL Tablets Take 1-2 with meals. (use if you do not tolerate Apple Cider Vinegar to boost stomach acid ) *Do not consume if you are pregnant or taking PPI’s currently.
Add in the other supplements suggested in Step 5 AFTER you have the basics down if symptoms persist.